- We spay or neuter every animal prior to adoption.
- We provide all animals with at least their first shot,
and if they are in the shelter long enough, we give them a series of
- We test all cats over the age of six months for feline
leukemia/FIV and test all kittens between eight weeks and six months for
leukemia. A heartworm test is performed on all dogs over six months, and
we put them on a preventative treatment.
- We worm all animals.
- We treat for fleas and earmites.
- We treat for any other medical problem that is known to
- We keep all animals as long as it takes to find a
- We have the right to deny any adoption of any animal we
do not believe will have a suitable home.
- To adopt an animal from TAPS, you need to be at least 18 years old and have
a means of financially supporting the animal.
- All animals require a rabies shot within one week or by the time the animal
is four months old.
- Animals need a vet checkup within one week.
- Occasionally, we will enforce a 24-hour waiting period, a home visit prior
to adoption, or follow-up phone calls or home visits after adoption.
|Dogs & Puppies - $150
||Cats & Kittens - $125
|Seniors (over 7 years of
age) - $125
||Seniors (over 7 years of
age) - $100
|Forms of payment include:
||Visa or MasterCard
Checks are accepted only if they are:
- Drawn on a local bank with current address and phone
printed on the check
- Driver's license or identification presented with
TAPS reserves the right to approve or deny any check as form
Adoption fees include spay/neuter, all age-appropriate vaccinations (except
rabies), worming, flea and ear mite treatment, heartworm test and
preventative for dogs six 6 months and older, leukemia test for kittens
under 6 months and leukemia/FIV test for cats 6 months and older, and
microchipping (required by Illinois State Law as of August 2003).
Adoption fees support the operational expenses at TAPS.
here to print an adoption application. Completed applications can be
faxed to 309-353-0072 or mailed to us at 100 TAPS Lane, Pekin, IL 61554.
Please send inquiries about adoption, sponsorship, or surrendering a pet to
firstname.lastname@example.org. All other inquiries should be sent to